Year 3 PM Guided Reading Parent Support Material
A few of you have come to me to seek further clarity regarding the PM Comprehension Cards.
As you will have realised, children have to learn an incredible amount of skills linked to reading, including inference and deduction and it is these questions that the majority of the children find trickier as they have to come up with their own conclusions based on what they have read and reading in between the lines.
Inference: is an interpretation that goes beyond the literal information given.
Deduction: is an understanding based on the evidence given in the text.
- GOLD READING COMPREHNSION CARDS.pdf
- EMERALD READING COMPREHENSION CARDS.pdf
- ORANGE READING COMPREHENSION ANSWERS.pdf
- PURPLE READING COMPREHENSION ANSWER CARDS.pdf
- RUBY READING COMPREHENSION ANSWERS.pdf
- SAPPHIRE READING COMPREHENSION CARD ANSWERS.pdf
- SILVER READING COMPREHENSION CARDS.pdf
- TURQUOISE READING COMPREHENSION ANSWERS.pdf